Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's been a while......

I'm back after a long hiatus. I've been doing plenty of endurance sport but not much endurance writing. I'll try to get better with that! Since I last posted, I have been training a lot. Over the years, I have changed from training to race to racing to train. I love to race but love the training so much more. Racing just gives my training a focus. In May, I raced an altitude PR at the BolderBoulder 10k in 36:06. That was pretty exciting as this race used to have my number. I got to enjoy the race with my 12 year old who ran her first 10k. That made it a truly great day. The main goal for this season was to qualify for Ironman World Championships in Hawaii. I was fortunate enough to do so at Ironman Coeur d'Alene so Hawaii training has been the focus. Training has been good but I have to be honest, my head hasn't always been where it needs to be. I am so geeked up to do the Leadville 100 Trail Run next year that I find myself getting ahead of myself. With the race being held over the past weekend, I'm more in that mindset than ever. We''ll see how that hampers things. I raced a 10 mile race a few weeks back in a PR of 59:06. I was pretty pleased with the result since it came during a high volume week. Anyway, I'm having fun training and preparing for Hawaii. I have race reports for IM Coeur d'Alene and the 10 mile race that I'll post in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment