Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be

I'm counting down the days until I race the Ironman World Championship. I'm 11 days out and feeling good. I am in a different place than I was last year. Last year, I had what I feel is more endurance going into the race. I have had to alter a lot of my longer runs and rides the past 6 weeks. Illness with the family and family obligations have put triathlon well down my priority list. The good news is that I've got significantly more speed going into the race in all 3 disciplines. Speedsuits aren't allowed in the swim so that part could be a wash. My run is a heck of a lot faster. I've managed to race PR's in the 10k, 10 mile and 1/2 marathon this season so I'm looking good there. My bike speed is a little faster than at this point last year. Lets see how that compensates for the overall endurance being a bit down. Can't wait to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neal~ We are wishing you all the best in Kona! My family will be cheering you on from here and watching/tracking your progress online. Sounds like you are well prepared to Go for it! - scott carmack

    ReplyDelete