Thursday, June 27, 2013

Back in the Game!

I'm back! After I raced the Ironman World Championship in 2010, I thought it may have been my last Ironman race. This sport can be very expensive and it was just prohibitive for my family to keep having me do these races. I always had it in my mind that I wanted to get back to Ironman. I've done a bunch of 1/2 Ironman races since then and they are great but they just don't excite me the way Ironman does. In early June, an opportunity came my way that got me pretty excited. X²PERFORMANCE® team announced that they were putting a triathlon team together to race Ironman Arizona and Ironman Florida in November 2013. I had sampled their ATP enhancing supplement at the Ironman 70.3 St. George in May and was excited about the product. This seemed like a perfect fit so I submitted my resume and was recently selected to the team! I can not wait to get back to Ironman. I have very high expectations for the day so hard training has begun. 



This year will be even more special as I have the opportunity to race the Ironman World Championship 70.3 in September based on my result in St. George. I have many wonderful friends that have helped my with my journey but Glenn Strebe and Tim Parchinski in particular made sure that 70.3 Worlds happened for me. I was going to pass up my slot for worlds but they forced the issue on me. I wouldn't be able to do many of the things I do without the support so thank you guys! My buddies Kevin Dessart (who just qualified for Kona...he's amazing) and Jay Pino are going to be along for the ride as we push each other the make the end of this racing year a successful one for all of us. Finally, thank you X²PERFORMANCE® for selecting me to be a part of this team. This looks to be an amazing summer of training and racing. Stay tuned for frequent updates on my progress. You can can check back here and at my Facebook page that was created for the team. Please go in and like that page. I would really appreciate it. You can also see my personal Facebook page for my regular updates. Thanks everyone!


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Neal on your accomplishments..Good luck..thank you for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete