Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Backward To Go Forward

A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling invincible. I had been turning over great weeks of training, specifically with running. I increased my mileage up to 60+ miles and my legs were holding up great. I did one of those long and slow Team Crud runs on March 21st. I felt really good, even when we were in snow up past our knees. It was so fun to get out and enjoy the climbing and descending that I've been missing over the years. I just felt bullet proof even with post run soreness My quads were a sore after close to 5k of downhill but that was expected. What I didn't expect was my body being torn to pieces the following Monday. Vomiting and the other stuff came out of me for the next four days. I couldn't eat much so those sore quads weren't repairing themselves quickly due to lack of nutrition. It was supposed to be a recovery week so the lack of mileage was not an issue but this is not how I wanted it to play out!! Anyway, I was back out for 3+ hours March 28th and held up well. I continue to build a foundation of time on my legs to prepare me for the specific rigors of ultra running training. I'm trying to put a bit of speed in my legs with my first trip to the track (see here) in some time. It's all coming along but not the way I thought it would. Never does, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment